As MARA student

Sunday, June 27, 2010



May 6th , 2010, A New Life

KRRIING! I still remember the last alarm I had at home before I went to university as a new student in a pre-degree programme. I praised to Allah as He gave me a gift to further my study in a local university at Universiti Teknologi MARA(UiTM). My university is located at Shah Alam, Selangor. Although I did not managed to get a qualified SPM result to study abroad, this opportunity is a golden ticket for me in order to pursue a good career in the future. I sat up packing my bits and pieces late that night. Well I was too excited!

I arrived at 8 a.m. as I was way too early. I was the first TESL foundation male student who reached the Sultan Salahuddin Mosque! Yes, the mosque was the meeting point for new students to get on buses to go to respective colleges. Mine is Meranti College in section 2 Shah Alam. I was in formal attire and the sun was shinning brightly, phew, such a hot morning it was. I filled up forms as soon as I rolled in Meranti. My room was fantastic! It was equipped with all odds and ends. I shared the room with other five TESL students. What an eventful day it was.

June 11th, 2010, As a TESL Tyro

As I walked in the faculty in section 17, I felt naturally excited and apprehensive. I started my classes on Monday, 31st June. I woke up on 6.30 a.m. in the morning to attend classes and go to faculty by INTEC bus. I have no problem to wake up early since I was in boarding school before. Sometimes I will hop on RapidKL bus as an alternative way to get to the faculty on time. There are eight courses in TESL foundation programme. Among all eight courses, I found out TSL51(college study skills) and TSL031(listening and speaking) are the two most interesting courses that catch my eye as I have a preference on hand-on subjects. This state of working could educate me to gain proficiency of managing myself and people around me as well as to improve my intrapersonal and interpersonal intelligences, which I learned in Miss Azyyati’s class. At this stage, my mind dug further in this matter, and tried to find out what is my strength and capability of thinking based on my dominance intelligences. Brain resembles as a generator to produce output. So I really think that I must identify my own my brain first in turn to create the best product for output. I hope so.

17th June, 2010, Money VS Food

Older people like my parents were always complaining about the rising cost of living. At first I did not understand what they were talking until I experienced my life in college. My father said that he used to be able to get a plate of rice for 20 cent. That was hardly unbelievable considering that a plate today costs more than a ringgit. Now I understood what cost of living means. On the first day, with a couple of friends, I reached the section 2 food court at about 7.30 p.m. in the evening. The sky was already darkening and the owners of restaurants have their portable lights switched on. I walked between two rows of food stalls. The very first thing that fascinated me was the mouth-watering smell came from a tomyam stall. There were many people seated at that stall. Since that day, I came to that stall everyday because the price is reasonable. I ate there everyday in order for me to save my cost of living in college as the owner offered lower price for university student like me. The stall’s label was Alhamdulillah

Well, these were all the matter that happened during my first month’s ride of being a pre-degree student in UiTM. As a new student, I hope I will learn more from the seniors and especially the lecturers. Thank you for reading.


6 comments:

{ Haziq Ghafar } at: June 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM said...

owh best2. la, kolej meranbti dekat seksyen 2 ke? nanti aku dtg melawat :)

{ Haziq Ghafar } at: June 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM said...

*meranti

{ roy basyar } at: June 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM said...

aah..dtg tau...

{ roy basyar } at: June 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{ Press 506 } at: July 2, 2010 at 1:50 AM said...

boroy

raidah md sudi at: July 10, 2010 at 6:58 AM said...

ayat alubah tak menahannnnnn